Our support is directed to organizations that provide Educational, Health, Economic & Community Development or Special Project services in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties, and to Tribal Governments and Tribal nonprofit organizations throughout the United States.
Organizations with current tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code. Organizations must be able to demonstrate three years of continuous service as a 501(c)(3) organization from the effective date of exemption. In addition, an applicant must demonstrate at least three years of strong financial capacity and performance to be considered for funding.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Tribal Governments and government entities exclusive for public purposes.
- K-12 schools/districts, colleges and universities. One request per school will be considered per 12-month period. In addition, a letter must be signed and submitted by the school’s principal supporting the request for funding.
- Religious organizations that have received a 501(c)(3) designation, seeking funding for projects outlined in our Program Areas of Education, Health, Economic & Community Development and Special Projects. Religious organizations seeking funding for religious purposes are ineligible to apply.
- Organizations are only eligible to apply once per 12-month period.
- To be eligible for special event support, your application must be completed and submitted 90 days before all event-related deadlines - including printing or sponsor logo deadlines. Event support is limited to organizations that operate programs within our areas of interest.
At this time, the charitable giving program does not support:
- Individuals for any purpose (e.g. scholarships, hardship assistance, field trips).
- Programs delivering services to the general population outside San Bernardino and Riverside Counties (Tribal Government requests excepted).
- Organizations that spend more than 25 percent of their operating budget on administrative overhead and fundraising costs.
- National organizations that do not deliver services in our geographic area (national Tribal organizations requests excepted).
Organizations seeking sponsorships that do not have a current tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code.
- Third party funding/funding for redistribution to other groups.
- Religious organizations seeking funding for religious purposes. Religious organizations that have received 501(c)(3) designation, seeking funding for projects outlined in our Program Areas of Education, Health, Economic & Community Development, and Special Projects are eligible to apply.
- Booster Clubs. Clubs are encouraged to work directly with school principals on school application.
- Beauty pageants.
While requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, please note that requests are generally not approved to fund the majority or total cost of a project budget.